Managing VMs in extra networks
The VM-Manager currently provides only partial support for additional networks:
While it is possible to define additional networks and partition them into ranges, the corresponding bridge will not be selected automatically.
The easiest way is therefore as follows:
- create a new network plus ranges in vm-manager
- create a new VM and VM-Template pool and select the newly created network ranges
- Create an additional bridge for this network
- create a VM-Template for the network you want to be able to create new VMs in
- make sure you select the newly created VM-Template pool
- via phpLdapAdmin: change the attribute
sstSourceBridgeof the subentry
sstInterface=net0,ou=devicesof this VM-Template to match the newly created bridge for the new network
- Open the settings for this VM-Template in the VM-Manager and hit
Saveto make sure the on-disk XML contains the changes.
- When cloning VMs from this VM-Template, make sure you select the VM-Pool created for this network. This way the VM-Manager will automatically assign IP addresses matching the network attached to the respective bridge.